Saturday, September 24, 2016

Barbie Cruise Ship


Found at the Thrift Store for $12 I think this is my least favorite set of all the ones I've come across. It's interesting, but to apply a bad pun, it doesn't float my boat. It's missing the top deck stuff and pool, and it didn't come with the camera you need to have it make sounds. But the sound panel is corroded anyway because of battery leakage.


Fully loaded, it originally looked like this:

Image from eBay

Image from eBay

Image from Amazon

Image from Amazon

It's decent enough for photo ops, but if I was going to customize it, I would separate it and remove the caption's bridge. I'm too lazy for that though.







If there is anyone near Jacksonville, FL who wants it, you can have it. You have to meet me at the 103rd Street Public Library any Saturday after 1PM. I'm keeping all the accessories though! First person to email my Yahoo at heyitsmuff with a date and time and it's yours.



More heads in the shop
Facebook feature photo is Summer

17 comments:

  1. It's a great playset! Too bad I'm like 7 hours flight distance from Florida :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monster, you'd have to REALLY like that set to come that far, lol.

      Delete
  2. Pretty good deal. I would keep those accessories too. They're nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaye, it was pretty exciting to finally get some set accessories. I was more stoked about them, than the ship.

      Delete
  3. Wspaniały, komfortowy jacht! Twoje Barbie mają szczęście!
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję, Olla! To Barbie mieszka lepszego życia niż ja.

      Delete
  4. Pretty nice for $12! I have a cruise ship, but it is not this one (similar though). My was a promotional one that was free with purchase of $100 from TRU. I got it when my daughters were both playing with Barbie so it was easy to come up with $100 worth of Barbie items one Christmas! Some of our accessories have been lost or broken, but I now have the ship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis if this one had been free I might have had more of an affinity for it, lol.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for showing your cruise ship. Mattel keeps making those for Barbie but I don't know anyone Barbie's age (her dolly age that is, 20 something) who goes on cruises. Barbie's AirBnB would be more like it.
    The accessories on those are cute though: the Party Cruise one even has a spinning buffet/aquarium- not realistic but still nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maricha, where I'm from there are a lot of spring break cruises and you can find plenty of drunk and rowdy twenty somethings on them. Not to be ageists, but you can find plenty of drunk and rowdy middle agers there too, lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes! I forgot you're in Florida. Montreal is an island on a major river but we really act landlocked and drive or fly almost exclusively.

      Delete
  6. It looks to be in great shape. I have a ship that someone gave me for a Christmas gift. That thing is huge and still in the box. Maybe, just maybe one day I will pull it out and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the huge, Georgia Girl. I think since its so big I expected more inside. They can cram so much into those houses I guess I was a wee bit disappointed.

      Delete
  7. Well, at least you can get a little Karaoke going on with the mike! The food makes it more attractive. I basically go on a cruise to eat. AHAHAHA! (too full to be loud and rowdy, that way! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy, way way back in the day, my mom and went on several cruises. That first one was hell, but we got our sea legs by the second one and fun and food was had!

      Delete
  8. I have this ship. Thrift store find for about $6. I'm with you. This could have been much better. I've shot a story or two with it, but I really need to de-pink this baby. Maybe I would love it more. Maybe I will do that.

    ReplyDelete